One of India’s most praised on-screen characters Rekha has dependably involved riddle to her fans, the film organization, the media, and so on. On her 62nd birthday,
Here are 10 Things that you don’t know about Her.
1. Did you know that Rekha’s full name is Bhanurekha Ganesan. She is the daughter of South Indian actor Gemini Gamesan and Telugu actress Pushpavalli.
2. Not many know that Rekha was an illegitimate child because her father didn’t marry her mother. He also refused to acknowledge his paternity during her childhood.
3. Rekha attempted suicide in 1968 as a teenager after failing in her exams. The young girl was given three choices — films, studies and marriage. She choose films.
4. Rekha is obsessed with make-up, so much so that during her young days, she used to be make friends airhostesses, who would bring her best of make-up bands from abroad.
5. According to photographer Jayesh Sheth, “Rekha is the first one who started the personalised theme-based photoshoot fad in Bollywood.”
6. She attributes her timeless and ageless beauty and fitness to Yoga. She practices Yoga every single day, no matter where in the world she is! She avoids fried food, drinks lots of water and is known to dine before 8pm.
7. Can you imagine the gorgeous actress was once upon a time forced to work in B and C grade Telugu films, only because of her poor financial conditions?
8. While lot of people think that Rekha never got married but the truth is that her industrialist husband Mukesh Aggarwal committed suicide a year after their marriage.
9. How many of you knew that Rekha is too good at mimicry too? Rekha has dubbed for leading Bollywood ladies Neetu Singh in Yaarana and Smita Patil in Waaris.
10. While her link-up with Amitabh Bachchan is the most talked about, the mysterious beauty had a few more men coming in and out of her life before Big B including Sajid Khan, Naveen Nishchol, Biswajit, Jeetendra, Shatrughan Sinha, Vinod Mehra, Yash Kohli, Kiran Kumar.
Mukesh Kumar was the last man in Rekha’s life.
One of the living legends of Bollywood, Rekha turned 62 today, and yet in the pre-autumn of her life, she still wows her audience with her presence and beauty.
94 total views, 0 views today