Narendra Damodardas Modi is a current Prime Minister of India, in office since 26 May 2014. Modi, a leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BAP), was the Chief Minister of Gujarat from 2001 to 2014 and is the Member of Parliament from Varanasi. He led the BJP in the 2014 general election, which gave the party a majority in the Lok Sabha, for the first time since 1984 general elections.
Narendra Modi – an able leader, a party face and supremo of Bharatiya Janata Party has always remained an object of interest among the people for his great personality and idealistic yet contemporary thoughts. We take a look at 10 things about Narendra Modi – a leader that eclipsed every other face in the politics during this 16th Lok Sabha Elections.
1. Narendra Damodardas Modi was born on 17th September, 1950 to Damodardas Mulchand Modi and his wife, Heeraben. He was third of six children. He was born in a family of grocers. As a child Narednra Modi helped his father at his tea-stall.
2. Narendra Modi idolizes Swami Vivekanand and Indira Gandhi.
3. Narendra Modi’s hobbies are photography and poetry. He loves writing and he is major contributor during his rallies speeches. Narendra Modi also held an exhibition of photographs clicked by him.
4. His favourite food is bhakhri (crispy rotis) and khichdi made in Gujarati style. Modi knows to cook, too.
5. He fasts all nine days during Navratra every year – eating only one fruit a day during this time. He eschews the Navratra-special thali-meal which is traditionally allowed once a day.
6. He is the most-followed Asian leader on Twitter and is constantly tweeting and checking his Facebook account. Narendra Modi who is well known for his particularity about the way he looks is very popular among the females. He is the second most followed Indian politician on Twitter after Shashi Tharoor.
7. Narendra Modi is very particular about his appearance in public. He prefers trimmed beard and hair. As for his clothes, his favourite cloth store used to be Jade Blue of Ahmedabad. He ensures that he looks elegant whenever he moves out.
8. Narendra Modi has done a three-month course in US on public relations and image management. This could be one reason why he has succeeded in positioning himself as one of the most affable and sought after politicians in India.
9. Modi is a prolific writer and poet.He writes in Gujarati language and his favourite topics include life and teachings of Hindutva icons. Narendra Modi is a big fan of Swami Vivekananda. His most recent election campaign was christened as ‘Vivekanand Yuva Vikas Yatra’.
10. He sleeps for only five hours -sometimes even less. Whatever time he hits the bed, he gets up at 5 or 5.30 am.. He is a workaholic. He reports to his office around 7 in the morning and works as late as 10 or even late in the night.
296 total views, 2 views today